You’ve heard all the go-to Super Bowl “storylines” 1,000 times by now, including the one about how everyone playing in the game used be on the Cleveland Browns or something. With less than an hour to go until kickoff (6:30 pm, FOX), here are a few appetizers before we all get into the heavy stuff:
- The case for this year’s Falcons offense as the best ever: With a Super Bowl victory, Atlanta’s offense can stake claim as the best in NFL history
- Interviewing Atlanta celebrities is a fun part of the pregame festivities, but don’t forget to do your research:
- No Super Bowl preview is complete without a season recap from the folks at Bad Lip Reading:
- Michael Vick’s Players’ Tribune essay isn’t the worst thing I’ve read on that site:
People have to understand: I felt like it was my fault, like it was my responsibility, that the Falcons franchise had been set back. And if Matt had been a bust … then my guilt over the harm I’d caused the city would have only grown worse. So, yeah, I’m human. It hurt when the Falcons drafted Matt. And for a while there, for sure, I was envious of Matt’s position. But Matt being such a success — that’s been a joy for me. For me, that’s been relief. It’s been peace of mind.
And the same thing goes for this MVP season of his (he’s got my vote), and this amazing Super Bowl run (I’ve got the Falcons winning, 23–16). Joy, and relief, and peace of mind. And that’s what I mean, when I say that Atlanta is family. Family isn’t just about when it’s good for you, or when it’s convenient, or when the love comes easy. Family is about when the love comes no matter what.
- Rembert went to Houston and found all the Falcons fans in town for the big game:
- The strongest and rightest take:
Enjoy the game!