With Super Bowl XLVI three days rotten, it’s time to bag and tag the 2011 NFL season. Before tossing it on the heap of sports seasons past, a quick retrospective, weighted heavily toward recent events and the gimmicky.
First, in case you missed the Super Bowl for some reason, here’s the whole thing in ninety seconds:
Second, our coverage of the Big Game®:
After the jump, an infographic, a motion graphic, snipers, and more.
How much alcohol did we really drink last Sunday? Pull off the beer goggles for a closer look at a popular infographic.
Looking back on the regular season…
Remember Monday Night Football’s darkest hour?
Other highlights from our 2011 NFL coverage:
- A boy named Suh
- Mark 2011 as the year the Lord took on NFL player contracts
- “The Ballad of Kerry Collins”
- Why is Roger Goodell carrying water for the NCAA?
- The Weekend Interview: Chris Johnson
- Philadelphia dreamin’, on such a summer’s day